Thousands of commercial and industrial buildings are vacant and decaying in towns and cities all over the country. Many long-term empty properties stay that way for years, some even decades.
“Artspace Lifespace is a key contributor to the cultural identity of Bristol and has been responsible for some of the truly groundbreaking projects that have become iconic in the creative narrative of the city.”
George Ferguson, CBE – Former Mayor of Bristol
We look for longer-term spaces to provide a resource base for smaller satellite projects to flourish, mentoring and facilitating other creative groups and organisations to be able to take on sites and projects of their own.
This transforms neighbourhoods and also brings something fresh and diverse to commercial centres. Making space accessible to a wide variety of creative influences serves to enrich and develop the multi cultural identity of any community.
Providing Access, Space, Logistics and Support for a vibrant creative community in Bristol and beyond.
What we bring:
- A proven track record of operating funding minimal, sustainable, and engaging projects.
- Local and city-wide links with artists, art organisations, and community activists.
- Existing local users of our facilities at The Island.
- An ability to recruit, motivate, and retain passionate staff and volunteers due to our past projects.
- Healthy reserves, able to provide start-up funding.
- No other motivation other than to make this centre work for the community.
- A great enthusiasm and hard working approach to community development and a love and commitment to creativity and sustainability.
- A hard working and experienced team who can bring change with respect to the local community.