Job Role: Finance Officer for Arts Charity (Part Time)
Hours: 10 hours per week, flexible between Mon-Fri 12-5pm
Rate of Pay: NJC SP 18-21 i.e. £18,070 (£9.37ph) to £20,138 (£10.44ph) pro-rata.
Place of Work: The Island, Old Bridewell Police Station Bristol BS1 2LE
Reporting to: Company Manager
We are looking for a part time Finance Office to assist us with all financial accounting of the charity. The successful applicant will be part of a small team of paid staff that is supplemented by volunteers. We are seeking someone with extensive experience of bookkeeping and general financial administration, ideally with experience of using the Quickbooks accounting package. You will work closely with the Company Manager and our Treasurer, who is a Board member of the charity, in maintaining the accounts and ensuring accurate and timely information is provided for internal use and for statutory reporting.
Finance Officer Responsibilities:
- Setting up and administering three separate Quickbooks accounts for the various business requirements.
- Weekly Bank reconciliation.
- Raising invoices for all areas of the business and paying all the suppliers.
- Weekly Credit control.
- Communicating with tenants and The Island Centre manager.
- Preparing aged debtors reports and liaising with relevant project assistant / manager to ensure that debts are recovered, updating the Company Manager for cash flow purposes.
- Preparing budgets for management use and liaising with the accountant for year end.
- Monthly Payroll using Payroo.
- Maintaining Petty cash , cashing up of bar events and banking.
- Working with Open office, Payroo, Quickbooks online, Google Drive, Internet Banking.
- Prepare monthly Finance Reports for different projects with the Company Manager and updating and annotating forecasts for use by the Company Manager.
- Other ad-hoc office duties including answering the phone and finance duties including pension management.
- Relevant experience in a similar role covering financial accounting.
- Excellent work ethic; self-motivated; organised; and able to meet deadlines and manage a busy workload
- Strong communication skills
- Quickbooks experience
- Interest in and knowledge of the Arts.
ASLS is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within our organisation.
How to apply: Please complete the Application Form for Finance Officer and send with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am on 6th October 2017
Interviews: Interviews will be held on 11th October 2017 at SPACE, 6 West Street, Bristol BS2 0BH